How to Choose the Right Real Estate Agent
Buying or selling a house is one of the biggest things you can do in your life. It can also be one of the most stressful things. When doing something this big, you need a professional real estate agent who has had a lot of experience in his/her field. There are thousands of real estate agents out there, so how do you choose?
1. Find agents through referrals: When we hear of most things, we'll either see/hear it from advertisements, or from word-of-mouth. Word-of-mouth is great because you can get the pros and cons from someone you know and trust. Ask around in your family or your friend group and see if they've had good experiences with real estate agents.
2. Read reviews online: When people post reviews, they are more inclined to post negative reviews over positive reviews. If you find a lot of good reviews for a real estate agent, the agent should be good!
3. Select a real estate agent with the right credentials: Find out how qualified they are by checking for license, disciplinary actions, professional awards, and training.
4. Find out how experienced an agent is: You can find this out through a state licensing authority, or just by asking the agent directly!
5. Gauge the real estate agent's knowledge of the area: A great real estate agent should know about the other available properties in the area. If they know the property and can give you a few details, that means that they are knowledgable in your area, which is what you want.
6. Ask questions: Don't be afraid to ask your potential agent questions about their expertise!
The Lucas Howard Group has been serving the Greater Grand Rapids area for about 15 years and have built a sterling reputation for success by delivering unparalleled, personalized customer service. In fact, we are in the top 1% of the 2,500 agents that are members on the Grand Rapids Real Estate Board. By establishing and building strong relationships with our clients and business partners, we continue to earn trust and respect throughout the real estate industry. Our team is made up of the city's industry leading marketing specialists and buyers' agents. If you're interested in purchasing a home or selling your home, call us, message us, or stop by our office to meet one of our team members!