Open House Tips and Tricks
The weather is getting better this time of year in Grand Rapids which means that there are more open houses that are happening. If you're thinking about selling your home and doing an open house, here are a few tips and tricks:
- Clear clutter: Buyers get turned off when there are too many small decorations, too many appliances on the kitchen counters, too much furniture, etc. All of the clutter makes it difficult for the visitors to picture themselves and their own things in your place.
- Enhance curb appeal: The first thing that potential buyers are going to see is the exterior of your home. Paint the front door and/or exterior if there needs work, mow the law, trim bushes/trees, and plant some flowers. Those are just a few examples, you can do a lot more!
- Don't be afraid to buy new things for your open house: Spruce up your rooms by adding new things, like bathroom or kitchen towels, candles, throw pillows, or a cute vase with flowers. If you are going to have things in your home, make sure to keep in mind of clutter, and that the things will improve and compliment your home.
- Make repairs: If the kitchen faucet is leaking, your window panes are broken, your carpet is outdated/dirty, or something else in your home needs to get fixed/replaced, now is the time to do it.
- Scheduling: The best time for an open house is usually in the afternoon, and on the weekend. Good weather definitely helps too!
Do you like these tips and tricks? Like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram for blog post updates!